Thursday, June 19, 2014

Week 125 : Desert Blazing Star

I have cast on a new project. A cardigan  in sport silky cashmere by Sundara Yarn. The colour is Desret Blazing Star and it is the brightest, most saturated yellow I have ever seen. My iPhone isn't doing it justice.. imagine even more and deeper than this photograph.

That plus the silkiness of the 65% cashmere is making it an absolute delight.




I am knitting a very simple cardigan. With ribbed bands and raglan seams. Top down construction. I am hoping to find some vintage buttons on my next shopping try to All Buttons.

I was inspired after what started as an interior design conversation by another raveller. She showed me pictures online of this parisian apartment featured in Architectural Digest and I was drawn to the pop of yellow in the cardigan when worm with neutral basics.


Here is the link to the Architectural Digest site. There are lots more photographs of this apartment... all beautiful and worth examining. 

I have some charcoal grey wool Ponti fabric and I'm currently experimenting trying to find a good cut of slim legged pants.

And I have white linen for a shirt making a start on my new Spring wardrobe.

I have paused on my Stasis sweater. It is knit in Rowan Tweed and the contrast colour is in Noro Silk Garden number 301. But I have run out of yarn on the yoke!
Another skein is on its way to me and for now it has been put away.


A close up of the yoke colours.



School holidays start tomorrow and I will be out of the city a lot over the next three and a half weeks. Its a good opportunity for sewing and finishing some knit projects.


A late night Pinterest-ing led to an online shopping splurge and now I have some lovely wool felt coming from Purl Soho.

I'm inspired to make this throw. I will show the colours I've chosen as soon as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment